Sunday 8 November 2009

On Friday, I was fortunate enough to have found this poster...
I was thrilled to find out on the internet, that this poster was refering to a bollywood show that will be live in December. I coudn't contain my self, without a second thought I asked a friend and he bought the tickets to go see the show. Even thou I have many days left, I am already preparing myself on what to wear. I might wear something very traditional. The photo below shows my beautiful Indian dress, which I might wear.
I love India, and I do believe they have the most beautiful traditions. One of the traditions is bathing, an integral part of daily routine in every Indian's life. Special occasions call for holy dips in sacred rivers and lakes as enumerated by the scriptures. That a bath keeps us healthy through personal hygiene is a well known fact. But there are other aspects as well that are not well known. Polygraphic studies proved that water enhances electro-magnetic activity. In the context of this finding, the religious practices like washing hands and feet before entering temples and taking bath everyday, worshipping with wet clothes and offering prayer standing in the middle of water chest-deep in rivers and tanks etc., seem to be more scientific than a mere act of cleanliness. One of my favourite Indian celebrations is 'Holi', a celebration of colours. Celebrated all over India since ancient times, Holi's precise form and purpose display great variety. Originally, Holi was an agricultural festival celebrating the arrival of spring. This aspect still plays a significant part in the festival in the form of the colored powders: Holi is a time when man and nature alike throw off the gloom of winter and rejoice in the colors and liveliness of spring. My Bollywood obssesion is another story. I simply adore bollywood films, the singing and dancing, everything about it is amazing.
These are all my bollywood films, I just can't get enough =]

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Wow Jess! I love the dress. Where did you buy it. I want one too. Indian style dresses are beautiful.
O and you must lend me some of your dvds. I recently fell in love with bollywood films.

Marianne said...

Is that dress for sale! I love it so much. Can you send it to me as a gift lol Kidding. I wish I was going to that bollywood show. I heard it will be amazing capturing the heart of India.

John said...

Cool beans! you have many bolly films me like this a lot.

Rihanna said...

You look Sexy girl! O and I want all your amazing films. I believe you when you say they are amazing. I got hooked up on bolly thanx to you lol