Thursday 14 January 2010

My dear friend Sheye Rosemeyer was a great help and gave me an idea of which photo processing she prefers. This is partly what she wrote:

This is a lovely portrait of such a beautiful girl, I can see why you love it. I do love her quiet, serious expression. I really like your processing, you did a great job but think I prefer the original - only because the dark red might look a bit un-natural on a young child and it will come out stronger in print. I wondered how it might look in black and white too so did a quick conversion. My pic would be the original or a black and white I think? ( I also added a square crop just to remove a bit of the background if you like). Honestly though, any of these would be lovely - go with whatever grabs your eye first :) Keep up the great work!

Sheye xx

I am amazed by how smooth the photo actually looks. Thank you Sheye for showing me new possibilities.


No comments: