Sunday 17 January 2010

I never loved you. Sorry, so sorry.

How do I say goodbye to you
When we never really said hello
Is it any easier to walk away from the seeds of a friendship
Never given time to root and grow?
(Grow into what – a bigger friendship? I don’t know.)
And how is it possible to miss someone
I hardly ever see?
How can I know if you were my hero,
When you rode into the sunset
Long before the you left.
How can there be a formal end to something
Which had no real beginning?
I can only thank you for the rainbows you brought to my storms;
For the silver lining you stitched in my clouds.
It was refreshing to find, someone protective over me
So, thank you for the laughs we had
And for the few parties you took me to.
But I was never in love with you, even thou you were madly with me.


1 comment:

Bonnie Ferrell said...

so sorry for your loss